On Sept. 30, Governor Kay Ivey extended the current health order—including the wearing of face masks—through Sunday, Nov. 8. The statewide order can be viewed in its entirety here.
As we continue to navigate through this unprecedented time, we will update our coronavirus page with new details and information as we receive it.
Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and Fort Morgan have announced that beaches will reopen at 6 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 2. However, most public beach access points will remain closed until further notice. These include:
- Gulf Shores: Gulf Place, West Gulf Place, West 5th Street, West 6th Street, West 10th Street, West 12th Street, West 13th Street, Little Lagoon Pass Park
- Gulf State Park: Gulf State Park Pier, Gulf State Park Pavilion, Beach access at Perdido Beach Blvd. and State Park Road 2
- Orange Beach: Romar Beach, Cotton Bayou, Alabama Point (including under Perdido Pass Bridge) and Alabama Point East
The extended closures for these public beach access points is strictly due to safety concerns for both locals and visitors. For more information on the beach reopening visit our Hurricane Sally recovery page.
30-Day Occupancy Outlook
We will continue to provide occupancy reports twice a month so you can best prepare your team for the days and weeks ahead. Please find below links to the 30-day occupancy reports for Thursday, Oct. 1.
As Hurricane Sally recovery continues, occupancy begins recovering after the first weekend in October. The weekend of October 10 is measuring the most active weekend of the period. This data stands to fluctuate based on city decisions and continued recovery efforts.
This report represents only vacation rental occupancy in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Fort Morgan, and Ono Island. Although there is no projected occupancy data available for hotels, this outlook shows the best estimation of visitation in our market since vacation rentals represent a significant portion of our accommodations. The report includes both guest and owner occupancy.
Please keep in mind that this report is proprietary to Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism and should not be shared outside of our Industry Partners.
How to read the 30-Day occupancy report:
- Solid line: current occupancy projection for the next 30 days
- Small dashed line: occupancy pacing on the same day as compared to 2019
- Broad dashed line: actual occupancy data from the same period in 2019
If you have any questions regarding the occupancy reports, please contact Katie Parrish.