Here's what you need to know about parking during Mardi Gras, from the Mobile Police Department:
Gold and purple Mardi Gras signs will be posted along the parade route to remind drivers of the no parking zones set two hours before, during, and after the parades. Please pay attention to the signs to avoid receiving a ticket or having your vehicle towed. The cost to retrieve a towed vehicle is $150.00.
Towed vehicles will be taken to a temporary impound lot near Fort Conde at Royal St. and Monroe St. The lot will be open until 11:00 p.m. each parade night. Vehicles not retrieved by that time will be moved to the permanent impound facility behind the Mobile Police Department Training Academy at 1251 Virginia Street.
NO PARKING ZONES ON THE SOUTHSIDE PARADE ROUTES:
- Church St. between Washington Ave. and Claiborne St.
- Canal St. Service Road between Lawrence St. and Dearborn St.
- Conti St. between Royal St. and Broad St.
Visitors can park on any side street that allows parking and does not block any fire hydrants, businesses, or residences driveways.
Parking is allowed on Water St. in the median between Beauregard St. and St. Francis St. as long as the vehicles do not impede traffic.
NO PARKING ZONES ON THE NORTHSIDE PARADE ROUTES:
- Claiborne St. between Congress St. and St. Louis St.
- Warren St. between St. Anthony St. and Dr. King Ave.
- Kennedy St. between Dr. King Ave. and Springhill Ave.
Find more Mardi Gras tips on the City of Mobile's Mardi Gras Dashboard.